The wider vision
Hill Top Surgery has a commitment to provide excellent primary healthcare to our patients, but we are also part of a wider vision of Hope Citadel Healthcare, the organisation behind Hill Top Surgery, to provide additional care to people through what it calls whole person healthcare. Hope Citadel is a not-for-profit community interest company set up to provide whole person healthcare.
As part of our vision we want to work with other community organisations that have an interest in the health and well being of the people that they work with or support.
Whole person healthcare looks at people in their wider settings, as whole people, and understanding that good health is not just related to clinical matters but that it is effected by many complex factors, such as social, economic, and community issues, along with belief, family circumstances, employment, etc.
Because of the desire to support people in a more holistic way our model of whole person healthcare involves working with other organisations as Partners in the Community. These Community Partners are organisations who already have experience and expertise in the communities that we will be serving, and who seek to provide a wide range of activities that support the whole person. For example providing parenting classes, employment advice, training, money management, youth clubs and other activities.
Our initial list of lead Partners is not an exclusive or exhaustive group, and over time we seek to build formal partnerships with many organisations.
Hill Top Surgery is extremely pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to the care of our patients, and through them to support the wider communities where they live. As such we seek to become a service which is fully integrated into our local communities.
New Partners in the Community
If you work for, or are connected to an organisation that is working in the community and you feel that there may be some benefit in working with the Practice here are some of the key characteristics we like to see in partner organisations:
- Support and/or promote community engagement and have existing connections into the local communities where our practices are based or operating, especially connections with groups that have health needs, or are disadvantaged, excluded or marginalised individuals, or those who are considered to be part of ‘hard to reach’ groups.
- Have a healthy living focus a desire or interest in promoting healthy living amongst the individuals and groups that it works with, including improving exercise, eating habits, healthy lifestyles, health promotion etc. and that this could be described as an interest in ‘whole person health’.
- Provide other support services or activities to improve the ‘whole health’ of people, by tackling issues that contribute to poor health through the provision of other services and activities, such as; support, caring, listening, education and training, debt advice, cooking classes, IT skills, mentoring and coaching, arts and crafts, social activities, youth work, etc.
- Are committed to long term relationships with a clear interest in building and fostering long-term relationships with the people they support or work with such that their activities are relationally focused and not solely ‘project’ driven.
- Be one of many where the community partner is aware that they will be one of many organisations that Hope Citadel will partner with for the purposes of reaching into the communities where it’s practices are based or operating.
If you think that your organisation fits the bill and that there is scope for mutual benefit then please get in touch with us.